BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school with the kids. Our first grade classroom only has four students so far! I can hardly believe it. There are four other first grade classrooms at the bigger campus that have around 20 kids (the max amount). They keep telling us by the end of the year we will probably be full, but it's actually really nice to start out so small...I already know all of their names! Working with younger kids is a totally different experience. I melted at how adorable they were and the cute things they would say. Many times throughout the day I had to remind myself to not use baby talk (as specified in the handbook). It was a good day, but I was totally exhausted by the end of it. I don't know a lot about elementary, but I can tell these kids are very advanced for their age. I kept thinking there is no way you just came from kindergarden. One can skip count by 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 10's, could find anything on the globe, and kept telling us when things were in the "past tense." That's not normal right?

These are not the students I am working with...but it gives you an idea...






0 comments: