BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 27, 2009

Getting to Know Our Area

We've been having so much fun exploring our neighborhood and surrounding areas.  There is so much to see and take in.  We are loving the transit system here...it's really well organized (all color cordinated which is easy to follow).  We live right between two subway stops, and you can pretty much get anywhere in Seoul for about .80-$1 one way!  I have never walked so much in my life, by the end of each day my legs are wobbly and my back aches.  The subway station closest to us, Kyungwon University, has 158 stairs to get down and up!  It's a good workout, but guess who just found the secret elevator?  It's tempting...and I did give in after being out for 10 hours yesterday (we went into the heart of Seoul-which I'll post later.)

Here are some pics of what we've been doing...

Started a patio garden.  I thought it would be a good green house space, but have no idea about plants.  Chadwick was so excited to find basil.
Grocery shopping is fun and challenging.  Nothing is in English, so it's a bit of a guessing game.  We've been sticking pretty close to what we can recognize, but are trying some new things as well...like the yellow fruit.
We went to Gangnam on Saturday and liked the city feel.


This is not far from our neighborhood...I love all the vegetation.
A park close by.
The road in front of our neighborhood.
There are lots of grocery stores that line our street.  I love how colorful everything is.

We went to a market in Moran Saturday morning.
This was on Friday, the day after we arrived we went to AK Plaza in Seohyeon.
Our first venture out on the subway.
They have these game machines all over our street.
There are lots of resturants in our area...nothing is in English, so the pictures are nice.  I have learned "Kogi an mogoyo" which is something like "I don't eat meat."
The first early morning walk around.
The street our apartment is on (it's the one on the left).

3 comments:

Robin Krill said...

Loving all the pictures! Thanks for posting...it's already so fun to read about your adventures. The grocery store must be a fun experience guessing game.

kiki said...

This is so fun to learn about! Keep 'em coming! I love the pictures and keeping updated :)

nate said...

that cereal looks delightful.