BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Oh, Hello Seoul

On Monday Chadwick and I went into the heart of Seoul.  It took us about 40 minutes and a couple of transfers on the Subway.  We went to Insadong, which is a tourist and local favorite for antiques and gifts.  We also went to Namdaemun market.  It's one of the largest markets in Seoul, which I was excited about and Chadwick was not so excited about.  I got lost in the maze of streets and enjoyed seeing all the goods.  I impressed myself by not buying anything all day (well I guess I got some treats...they have dip-n-dots here!)  Seoul wasn't as crowded as I had anticipated, but then again it was Monday afternoon. 
I'm looking forward to heading back with my co-workers this Saturday.  My director at the Gaepo campus (pre-k through 1st) is taking us on a tour of the Gyeonbokguna Palace, Samcheong Dong, and Insadong.

Here are some pictures of our first trip into Seoul.
This was a park that we found right off the subway...the crickets were so loud inside the gates!


Outside the park walls were covered with elderly men reading...they were really adorable.
I've been getting daily doses of each of these.
Chadwick's favorite candy is everywhere here.
In Insadong
The market.


Outside a palace (we were sad it was closed on Monday...we'll go back).


By Seoul Station.

These are the stairs I was telling you about at our subway station.  

 

2 comments:

Mom H said...

Hi Natalie,

I love reading your blog! The City is beautiful, your mom is going to love it there, everything is so neat and tidy! Love that. Glad you are going to see some places with your coworkers... should be a good time. You'll be amazed at how good of shape you'll be in after the stairs. =-) Thanks for sharing, it's so much fun to read the blogs... love you! Mom H

Tera said...

Ok, one of your blogs said 158 stairs or something....did you count them?! I just love you.